“In-Transit” Community Job Board
The Lead Dispatcher assists with multiple parts of the daily operation, but not limited to, schedules, administrative tasks, communication with residents and drivers, while implementing a positive work environment. This position is the first contact for any transportation needs. The position also helps to coordinate and delegate department tasks. Constant public interaction with all residents and points of contact in a courteous, professional manner in representation of the Township is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Position is 36.25 hours/week, Monday through Friday 8:45 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Manages the Township’s Senior & Disabled Transportation program, the Discount Taxi program, and TRIP (Township Riders Initiative Program) program, and assists residents with each as required. Is the point of contact for all transportation programs.
- Communicate with drivers daily about bus routes and scheduling changes, pickup and drop-off times, and any other bus-related topics.
- Updates riders with changes of schedule and efficiently communicates with drivers in real-time.
- Gathers, updates, and reports bus route and rider information, registers and distributes taxi discount cards, and registers Trip riders.
- Works closely with the Transportation field Coordinator and bus drivers to ensure the success of the Township Senior bus program.
- Works closely with Trip (PACE) representatives to establish professional relationships.
- Keeps up-to-date records on active riders (emergency contacts, aids used, special requests, etc.)
- Creates and mails (distributes) all special correspondence to riders.
- Collects and records data for monthly transportation reports.
- Trains and updates other administrative employees about changes to transportation programs.
- Participates in a variety of activities (e.g. meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform transportation functions. Meetings may be in the evenings on occasion.
- Responsible for decision-making when the Transportation Field Coordinator is out of office or unavailable.
- Assists the Transportation Field Coordinator in verifying address of destination times of operation, and other data for accuracy.
- Can greet and welcome Township visitors and either direct them to the appropriate location/individual or assist them, as follows:
- Provides visitors with appropriate information on Freedom of Information Act requests, notes exact date and time of receipt, and provides completed form to Administrator or Assistant Administrator.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Transportation Field Coordinator.
- Completes any other job assignment that may be deemed necessary or appropriate to fulfill the mission of the Township Board.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current office procedures and methods, including telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and Microsoft products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Complete fluency in the English language, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with other employees from all levels within the Township and the Township Board.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to gather and analyze data
- Ability to prioritize and schedule variable work
Credentials and Experience
- High School Diploma and related work experience required.
- Ability to perform all tasks of front office staff on an "as needed" basis for vacations and employee absences.
- Ability to communicate during off hours. Occasionally checking transportation voicemails when necessary.
- Ability to recognize and appropriately respond to an emergency.
- Elk Grove Township operates as a professional work environment. Individual employees are expected to act, dress, and respond to the public in a controlled, professional manner.
Elk Grove Township does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, or handicap and complies with the provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act.
Responsible for providing individual and family counseling to Elk Grove Township residents of all age groups. Provide ancillary services, assessment, treatment planning psychotherapy, referral and linkage, case management. Collaborate with collateral contacts on behalf of clients, consultation, and represent program services to the community as a whole.
- Perform telephone intakes, manage crisis calls and walk in clients.
- Have knowledge of community resources and refer as appropriate.
- Possess skills in systems therapy.
- Document per APA guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality and other legal and ethical requirements.
- Utilize teletherapy
- Establish and maintain relationships with key referral sources
- Participate in community events
- Deliver presentations to the public
- Work collaboratively with team members and township departments.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related Counseling field
- Ability to work from the township office in the evenings.
- LCSW or LCPC in the State of Illinois preferred
- Fluency in the Spanish.
- Generous compensation.