Cook County Recorder of Deeds, Karen Yarbrough, Warns Against Companies Using Name of Office to Sell Free Services
Recorder of Deeds Karen Yarbrough is officially asking a company operating under the name “Home Title Lock” to cease and desist from using the name of the Office of the Cook County Recorder of Deeds to sell a fraud monitoring service that Cook County Recorder of Deeds offers for free. Click here to see the full Press Release from the Recorder’s office.
News from the Assessor
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE ASSESSOR
THE COOK COUNTY ASSESSOR’S OFFICE HAS ACKNOWLEDGED A PRINTING ERROR ON YOUR 2022 TRIENNIAL REASSESSMENT NOTICE.
THE BACK SIDE OF THE NOTICE READS “NO EXEMPTIONS HAVE BEEN FILED SINCE 2013 FOR THIS PROPERTY”. THIS IS AN ERROR. IF YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR THE EXEMPTIONS THAT YOU QUALIFIED FOR, THEY ARE IN THE COUNTY COMPUTER SYSTEM.
YOU CAN GO TO www.cookcountyassessor.com TO SEE THAT YOUR EXEMPTIONS HAVE BEEN PROPERLY APPLIED. YOU MAY ALSO CALL OUR OFFICE AND WE WILL ASSIST YOU.
YOU HAVE UNTIL 9/1/2022 TO APPEAL YOUR ASSESSED VALUE. PLEASE CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT at 224-265-6110 OR EMAIL US AT email@example.com
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT BECAUSE OF THE COUNTY ERROR WE ARE EXTREMELY BUSY, BUT WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS FAST AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.
**2022 Triennial Reassessment Appeals begin Thursday, August 4th & end Thursday, September 1st. Click here for additional information.
Click Below For Information Regarding 2021 Tax Bills Payable in 2022:
NEWS FROM THE COOK COUNTY ASSESSOR’S OFFICE. Click here for additional information.
Senior Citizens Seeking Tax Relief Can Defer Up To $5,000 In Property Taxes This Year. Click here for additional information.
Do you have questions about your Real Estate Tax Exemptions? Click here for current information.
Do you have questions about filing an Appeal? Click here for current information.
Active Duty Military Personnel and Veterans are eligible for a Cook County Military and Veterans Discount Card. Click here to view programs’ information.
Meet the Assessor and Staff
Connie Carosielli – First elected in 1989, Connie takes pride in the increased levels of service to the Elk Grove Township residential taxpayers that have occurred during her tenure. Functioning as “taxpayer advocates”, her staff has saved taxpayers millions of dollars in their effort to establish accuracy and fairness in the Cook County property tax system.
As a past president of the Cook County Township Assessor’s Association and a member of its’ board of directors for the last 20 years, she constantly strives to improve communications with the community with educational outreach programs and public speaking. The Illinois Property Assessment Institute presented Connie with the Marshal Theroux Memorial Award for “leadership and distinguished achievement in the Illinois assessment profession.”
A graduate of University of Holy Names College in California with post graduate work, Connie has lived in Mt. Prospect for over 40 years, and is committed to serving the community.
Laurie Wagner – Laurie Wagner has been with the Assessor’s Office since 2002. She received her Certified Illinois Assessment Officer (C.I.A.O.) designation in 2004. Mrs. Wagner came to the Assessor’s Office from the recruiting and employment field. Laurie has been a resident in Mount Prospect for over 35 years and has one daughter, Carri.
Annette White – Annette White has been with the Assessor’s Office since November of 2015. She earned her Certified Illinois Assessment Officer (C.I.A.O) designation in 2019. She has resided in Elk Grove Village for the last 27 years and grew up in Elk Grove. Annette has a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education out of Northern Illinois University. Prior to working at the township, she worked for various companies as a Customer Service Rep. and as a Computer Operator.
Bryan White – Bryan has been with the Assessor’s Office since June 2017. He earned his Certified Illinois Assessment Officer (C.I.A.O.) designation in June 2019. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality and enjoys spending time with his wife, reading, and playing video games in his leisure time.
Role of the County Assessor – The Cook County Assessor is required by law to identify and assign fair market values to all properties in Cook County. The Cook County Assessor does not set taxes, mail bills or collect taxes. The Assessor is responsible only for your assessed valuation.
Role of the Township Assessor – By statute the township Assessor is the Deputy to the Cook County Assessor and is under direction from that office. However, since the Township Assessor does not assess, this office is in the unique position to assist Taxpayers with assessed value complaints, along with other services such as filing exemptions.
Services Available to Elk Grove Township Taxpayers:
- Homeowner Certificate of Error
- Senior Certificate of Error
- Senior Exemption: Affidavit Certificate of Error Applications (Purchase from a Senior)
- Senior Freeze Exemption Application & Instructions-Tax Year 2020
- Senior Freeze Exemption Application & Instructions-Tax Year 2019
- Senior Freeze Exemption Application & Instructions-Tax Year 2018
- Senior Freeze Exemption Application & Instructions-Tax Year 2017
- Persons with Disabilities Exemption
- Physician’s Statement for Disabled Persons’ Homestead Exemption (PTAX-343-A)
- Veterans with Disabilities Standard Homeowner Exemption
- Occupancy Affidavit-Updated March 2020
- Name or Address Change Application
- Returning Veterans’ Homeowner Exemption
- Property Location Changes
- Assessed Value Complaints
- Triennial Reassessment
- Filing Certificates of Error Application
- Board of Review Complaints
- Property Characteristic
- Applications for Division and Consolidation of Properties
- Notary Service
It is important that you know that any question that you might have in regard to property tax can be directed to our office.
We will be happy to give you all the information at our disposal. If we do not have the answer to your questions, it will become a priority to get the information for you.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday 9 A.M. to 4 P.M. or call us at 224-265-6110.
- www.cookcountyassessor.com This site provides information about the Cook County Assessor’s Office, which is responsible for assessing all property in Cook County. You can use this site to look up the assessment and characteristics of your property as well as the other 1.8 million parcels of property in the county. That information can be used as evidence in your assessment appeal at the County Assessor’s Office, Board of Review and Property Tax Appeal Board. The County Assessor’s site also contains information about property exemptions
- www.cookcountyboardofreview.com This site will tell you how to file an assessment appeal at the Board of Review.
- www.cookcountytreasurer.com The Treasurer’s web site allows you to check the status of your property tax bill payments as well as directing you where and how to pay your tax bill. Information is available on refunds, services for senior exemptions and tax dates.
- www.ccrd.info The Cook County Recorder of Deeds website can be used to look up information about property transaction, deeds and mortgages.
- www.state.il.us/agency/ptab The state of Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB) website will provide information on how to file an assessment appeal at PTAB. **ALERT***Be advised that you may only file an appeal at PTAB if you have previously filed an appeal at the Cook County Board of Review for the tax year in question.
- www.cookcountypropertyinfo.com This site provides information on various items such as tax history, property descriptions, exemptions, refund search, appeal dates and deadlines.
- www.cyberdriveillinois.com This site lists locations where you can get your Driver’s license or State ID updated to your current address, allowing you to be eligible for exemptions.