In-need students who attend District 59 will receive donated school supplies through this first year program.
Elk Grove Township, in partnership with Community Consolidated School District 59 (CCSD59) has launched the Back To School Blast Off! program, where the Township community is asked to donate a variety of school supplies to help in-need children be prepared for the first day of school.
“Receiving an education is something that is vitally important to the future of all of our communities,” said Elk Grove Township Supervisor Mike Sweeney. “Our goal with this new program is to ensure that in-need children at D59 have all the tools they need to focus on learning.”
Items that can be donated include: #2 pencils (mechanical or regular), trapper binders, backpacks, two-packet folders, accordion folders, 3-ring binders, scissors, plastic pencil/crayon box, markers/pens, glue sticks, earbuds, composition notebooks, multi-colored highlighters, tissues, paper towels, 1-subject notebooks and loose leaf paper (WIDE ruled please!).
The school supplies can be dropped off at a number of locations around the Township, now through August 5, 2016:
- Elk Grove Township – 2400 S. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights
- CCSD59 Administration Building – 2123 S. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights
- Parkway Bank-951 Meacham Road, Elk Grove Village – 1590 S. Elmhurst Road, Mount Prospect – 1408 W. Algonquin Road, Arlington Heights
- Uno Pizzeria and Grill – 1160 Plaza Drive, Schaumburg
- Christus Victor Lutheran Church – 1045 S. Arlington Heights Road, Elk Grove Village
- Shinnyo-en Chicago – 120 E. Devon Avenue, Elk Grove Village
- Penske Truck Rental – 1200 Busse Road, Elk Grove Village
- Elk Grove Park District Pavilion – 1000 Wellington Avenue, Elk Grove Village
- Elk Grove Park District Hattendorf Center – 225 E. Elk Grove Boulevard, Elk Grove Village
- Prince of Peace UMC – 1400 S. Arlington Heights Road, Elk Grove Village
For more information about all of the services provided by Elk Grove Township, please visit http://www.elkgrovetownship.org/.
About Elk Grove Township:
The mission of Elk Grove Township is to carry out the duties and responsibilities of Township government as prescribed by Illinois law. The ways in which these goals are accomplished is by providing for the health, safety and welfare of all Township residents, and to maintain the highways and property of the Township both professionally and economically. Additionally, this mission is to be carried out in a timely and efficient manner with the highest degree of service to the taxpayers, thereby continuing the tradition of service provided by Elk Grove Township.
The boundaries of Elk Grove Township are Central Road on the North; Mt. Prospect Road on the East; Devon Avenue on the South; and Rohlwing Road; (generally Route 53) on the West. About 66% of Elk Grove Village is in our Township; 55% of Mt. Prospect; 20% of Des Plaines; 15% of Arlington Heights and 10% of Rolling Meadows. About one-fourth of the geographic area of the Township is unincorporated, a large portion of which is Forest Preserve.